Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Scenes From the Citigroup Atrium

I had a meeting this afternoon at a PR agency on the East Side, so I worked from home this morning and drove in. I thought I’d meet my daughter tonight for dinner so she might have a relaxing ride home, avoiding the Port Authority.

I wound up waiting in the atrium at the Citigroup Center both late morning and early evening.

In the morning, a piano player was interpreting a jaunty version of Gordon Lightfoot’s “If You Could Read My Mind.” I walked outside and took a photo of the “Lipstick Building” across the street, and Google’s “Photo Assistant” magically converted it to black and white. Again. Google seemingly does this to all my New York City photos, as if “Woody Allen” were my default filter.

In the evening, I texted my daughter to see if she wanted to meet for dinner, but she immediately responded that she was too busy at work right now. So it promises to be another late night for her.

I’m in no rush, so I lingered in Citigroup's atrium and worried about my youngest daughter. Then I worried about my oldest daughter too. And my wife. And my Mom.

If only Google could filter my worries.

No comments: