Saturday, November 10, 2018

New York, Stylized by Google (2018)


I woke up to find that Google Assistant -- the unseen hand behind the site storing my iPhone photos -- has again automatically "stylized" an image of Manhattan.

Which is ironic. Of all places I frequent, Manhattan is the place least in need of being stylized.

In Times Square last night, a few Yellow Cabs heading south caught the AI's attention.

As noted before, Google seems as smitten by New York as I am, often romantically changing the color scheme to black and white. Here are some recent photos. You can view others in this shared album

I don't blame Google. As the director Milos Forman once said, "I get out of a New York taxi and it's probably the only city which in reality looks better than on postcards."

No comments: