Monday, October 30, 2023

Middletown NJ Photography Exhibit: My Reflections

Below are my four contributions to the photography exhibit hosted by the mighty Black Glass Gallery on the theme of "reflections." The opening reception (which is always fun) is Friday, Nov. 3, from 6-9 p.m. at the Middletown Arts Center, and the exhibit will be on display until after Thanksgiving. Hope to see you there! (I'll be arriving a little later, because "traffic to the shore on Friday night" is always traffic to the shore on Friday night... even in November.)

Captions in haiku.

One Vanderbilt

Mirrors in the sky.

Crowds multiplied, divided,

rarified, alone.


Trump World Tower

Vanishing fortress,

haunted by neighboring clouds,

surrounded by ghosts.


Museum of Modern Art

Visiting MOMA,

two lovers reimagine

Rene Magritte’s kiss.


Jersey City

I’m head over heels.

You turn my world upside down.

I never forget.


Here are four others on the same theme, not on display in Middletown but (of course) on my Instagram accounts: @bvarphotos and @foundinnj 🙂


No comments: